Monday, February 22, 2010

40+ Weeks and counting

This was from Feb 4, 2010...


Wow! I can't believe it's February already. I was due Jan 30, and as of now, still no baby! LOL! In some ways I'm disappointed. In others, I'm relieved. We are planning another home birth this time around, but we are still finishing up on the cabin we are living in. I keep arranging the bedroom to where I can move about comfortably and prepare to labor in. Then, the next day, DH has to move it into a big mess to put in plumbing (or for other reasons). SIGH....

Sometimes it is so frustrating. I feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever, but I'm not ready for the baby because of the cabin situation. I hate conflicting emotions. It's really made me a basket case. I feel so bad for my DH and kids. Sometimes I'm fine. Others I'm yelling and crying. My poor family has to put up with my emotional instability. LOL!

Other than that, I am feeling pretty good. Baby is doing well. I'm really surprised with this baby. He/she doesn't move as much as my other 5. I am used to getting a good kick in the ribs or bladder at least once a day. I can only think of one time each this baby has done so to me. Baby moves about, but is very gentle with me. I just get an occasional elbow and knee across the stomach. :)

Anyway, I am so looking forward to meeting our new little one. I have been having dreams for the past week of giving birth and seeing my new little angel. I've seen her (girl in the dreams but we don't know if we are having a boy or girl) face in the dreams. I've gotten to hold her. I wake up longing to snuggle with my baby in my bed. To nurse my baby and love on him/her on the outside.

I hope you are all doing well in your pregnancies. I'll keep you all posted as to when we have our little one. Any day now! :)

No comments: