Thursday, May 16, 2013

C25K - Week 2 Day 2

It's been getting hot the last few days.  Up in the 90's.  I decided to run this morning.  It ended up being later than I wanted since I had to nurse Joy before I left.  That delayed me 30 minutes.  

Anyway, I really pushed myself today.  Yesterday a friend on Facebook shared a 50th Anniversary Doctor Who Run this fall.  There's a 5K run and 1/2 Marathon Run.  I know I will be able to do the 5K by then.  I want to see how far I can push myself.  It's a "virtual run", so it's by honor system.  However, I'm only going to register for the one I can do.  No cheating.  I want the Doctor Who medal. LOL!  That motivated me to jog faster today.  

I did it!  By the end, on my second to last run, I thought I was going to pass out and/or throw up.  My skin was prickly feeling when I was walking. Kind of like a mixture of the feeling of limbs waking up after they fall asleep and a burn.  I kept on going though.  

I did lose Hannah at the half way mark, but only for the run.  She caught up when I started walking.  I told her it's good to push yourself.  It's good to know how far you can go.  However, walking is not a failure.  You need to know when you shouldn't push any further.  

One more day of week 2.  I'm scared!  Brent had me look at week 3 and week 4!  I need to keep pushing myself on my running.  Like I said.  I'm scared.  LOL

Here's today's picture.  I'm making progress on my tummy!





No comments: