Sunday, February 5, 2012

Jeans Diaper

So, I finished sewing my "scrap" diaper. I had a pair of my old favorite jeans. The butt ripped out, so they were trash. I just couldn't stand the thought of throwing them away. Sooo, as I mentioned in a previous post, I made a pattern, and cut out a diaper (and an extra for a pattern).

** Here's the link to the first post - http://ourbirthjourneys.blogspot.com/2012/01/what-big-pile-of.html **

I waited a while because I am out of snaps, my velcro is missing, and I don't have a chair for my sewing room. Well, I got tired of the diaper sitting there. I decided it didn't need snaps or velcro, and really, who needs a chair to sew!

I ditched the fleece inner liner that I was going to use. It gets so pilly so quickly. I pulled out my yummy soft minky, and cut out the new inner liner.

After sewing the entire thing hunkered over the sewing table (hubby came in and mentioned that it's no wonder my back always hurts), and with my 5, 3, and 2 year olds watching and "helping" by getting into all my stuff (LOL), I got it done.

Here it is! I'm so happy! I can't wait for Jacob to wear it when it's time to change him!

No comments: