Wednesday, May 8, 2013

C25K - Week 1 Day 1

Today I am starting the C25K program. It is a program to get you off the couch to running 5 kilometers (C25K). I have been exercising the past couple months with both weight training and cardio. I'm going to add in running as my main cardio. I am so excited to get back in shape. Now that Joy (my 8th baby) is 4 months old, I am ready.

My husband is doing the C25K as well. We are alternating days, so he will run day 2 tomorrow, while tomorrow will be my day off.


-- After My First Run --

I'm back. Oh my heck. I truly thought I was going to throw up. I feel much better now that I've showered, rested, and eaten. Yes, I even ate after my run.

I started off and it said to begin warm up. Warm up? What am I supposed to do? Yeah. If I would have read the little blip on the top right corner of my iPhone app I would have seen the 5 minute warm up.

So after my warm up walk (I figured that's what it wanted me to do), I'm already a little tired. Maybe not a good start to my run.

Then I begin my 60 second run. Now, I didn't really think I was all that out of shape. I'm 5'4". I weigh 148 as of today. I've been exercising for a couple months. I am glad I was doing my exercises. This was pretty hard. Not so hard it couldn't be done. It was a good workout.

I was thankful for my 90 second walk times between the 60 second runs. By the time I got about 3/4 done, I was walking with my hands above my head. I needed that extra air. My calves hurting and my struggling to breathe were my biggest problems.

I was thrilled when I finished. The cool down was much needed. I also made sure to stretch after I was done.

Then I came inside. My oldest daughter said I looked like a tomato. My husband laughed saying he though I turned into a lobster. I turn very red when I'm hot.

Overall I am both excited and dreading my next run. I feel FANTASTIC right now. I feel like I accomplished something huge!

I CAN DO IT!
I WILL DO IT!

I am going to get healthy!

My current pictures are posted below, as well as my Why Did I Do This To Myself face after my first run.

My measurements:

May 8

Weight 148

Thigh
L - 23.5
R - 23.5
Calf
L - 13 7/8
R - 13 7/8
Waist (around belly button)
36
Waist between belly button and hips (baby tummy)
38 7/8
Hips
38.25
Triceps (around biggest part)
L - 13
R - 13.25
Neck
12.5











No comments: