Sunday, November 6, 2011

Last night was very interesting.  A few minutes before 11pm, Brent and I were sitting in the living room watching TV.  All of a sudden I noticed things didn't feel right.  I was almost dizzy feeling, like I was being moved back and forth.  I looked at Brent, thinking he was shaking the couch, but he was in the chair, a couple feet away.  Then, thinking there was something wrong with me, I looked at my hands to see if I was shaking.  Very confused, I looked over at the bottle of water next to me.  The water in the bottle was sloshing about.  I looked back up at Brent, who was looking at me, and asked if he felt that.  He had.  We had just gone through our first earthquake.  In Kansas City, Missouri.  I called my mom, but she hadn't felt it.  My brother did (and another one at 1am as well). 

After we went to bed, I woke up when I felt the same feeling.  I jumped awake from my dreams of earthquakes and restless sleep.  My heart was racing, and it took me a bit to calm down.  As I was dozing off, I felt it again, which caused me to jump out of slumber again.  I had thought it was Brent rolling over in bed causing me to relive the feeling.  However, since my brother said he felt it again at 1am, I am wondering if that is what startled me awake. 

Then I had this video brought to my attention...  Saying the New Madrid fault line is showing plumes, and to expect a 5.0 in the next 2-4 weeks (posted Nov 1, 2011).



No comments: